Font Expert Tags

General discussion of the use of FontExpert font manager
actionbob

Font Expert Tags

Post by actionbob »

I am new to Font Expert, and I am going to have the "pleasure" of going through 3000+ fonts and sorting them out. I used groups for some of it, but i think i would like to use tags to add information that you can search through.

When i send these fonts to everyone else at my work, will the tags be kept within the font it self, or is there an xml document or something that i will need to transfer to ensure that the tags i insert on the fonts will stay with them. I mainly want the category tags to stay. I was just wondering this, before i spend the time going through all the fonts.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tags are saved in stand-alone FontExpert.db database file and in verison 9 ther is no convenient way to export tags with fonts and then import tags on another computer.

The only way to transfer tags with fonts from one computer to another is to copy entire database file from one computer to another
(see topic "How to Transfer Font Database from Computer A to Computer B" http://www.proximasoftware.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=305).

But you have suggested an interesting and important feature - to export/import tags with a collection of fonts.