Setting Tags for the fonts

General discussion of the use of FontExpert font manager
Bluesman

Setting Tags for the fonts

Post by Bluesman »

My next step now with ”FE” is to set search ”Tags” to the fonts. Was thinking of doing this instead of making a lot of Groups with different credentials that are useful when looking for a specific font.
Do you have a tutorial or some smart advices for this? I have made some extra ”Assigned Keywords” and new ”Assigned Categories”. But for exampel in the first section for Tags ”Caption” What is the smartest to put here? Just the fontname or something else? Because the fontname you already has through the font. Or do you put more then one caption to the font?

Gracias for a great software...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Setting Tags for the fonts

Post by admin »

There are many strategies how to use tags. For example, you can delete all categories that were added by default, and create your own categories for your own classification of your fonts. Keyword is one or two short words (can be more than two words). While caption can be a long phrase. You can assign tag (rating, category, keyword, caption) not only to one selected font but to many selected fonts.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Ok Gracias, I will check out how my strategy will be. If you do this smart it will be a great help when looking for special designs. The classic fonts you just search by the names.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is a special search box on the upper toolbar to search by font name. And to search by keywords and other tags use Search Library.